Wednesday, February 21, 2007

All You J. Hud Haters Need to Get a Life


If I have to read one more rant about how Miss Jennifer Hudson doesn't really act in Dreamgirls, I think I'm gonna have to choke a bitch. J. Hud acts more in one minute of "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" than most actors and actresses did in entire movies in 2006. Every ounce of emotion she can muster (and that's quite a lot) is poured into those lyrics. And if you don't believe me, just listen to another person try and sing "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going". While they are often fantastic singers (Frenchie Davis and Tamyra Gray of American Idol have both done versions), they can't bring forth the emotion that J. Hud does so effortlessly. But now I'm going to hear whines of Okay, she can sing well (understatement of the century) but she doesn't really act in the non-musical scenes. First of all, I will slap someone who says that in front of me. Secondly, let me refer you to the scene where she sings "Heavy" with Deena and Lorrell. She looks so pained, hurt and, most of all, angry that she has been forced to sing background vocals to Deena who has talent, but not the big voice of Effie. Everything about J. Hud's performance is perfect and should not be torn apart by all these nay-sayers. Boo to all you.

No comments: