Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Maybe I Am Going to a Funeral

So, I've been downloading tracks from the Walk the Line Soundtrack and it has put me into a nostalgic feeling for a film. While I don't think it's a great film on par with Brokeback Mountain, Walk the Line is a great popcorn biopic that delivers every time I see it. Plus, it has stellar performances from Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash and Reese Witherspoon (who deservedly won the Oscar, although I found that, of the nominees, Felicity Huffman in Transamerica was a smidgen better) as June Carter who rise above biopic cliches and even sing themselves instead of lip syncing like Jamie Foxx did in Ray. That's what makes the soundtrack a sweet deal because Phoenix and Witherspoon have fantastic voices that actually sound reminiscent of Cash and Carter. Bravo!

No comments: