Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New Same Difference





Wow.

When we last left Same Difference, they had just been dropped by their label after lower than expected sales of their phenomenal debut album Pop. This would have been the death knell for most pop acts and we never would have heard from them again. But, as they have done time and time again, Same Difference have proven resilient and ready to bounce back from anything with more gusto than before. Free from Simon Cowell's meddling hand, Sean and Sarah have ditched their Disney-friendly, rainbow and sunshine personas and have now adopted an edgier look. I must say, at first I was a little sad at the passing of their light-hearted look, but I am absolutely in love with it now. I'm glad they are maturing for, as fun as their old look was, I don't think they could have explored it any further than they did on Pop. From the bits of their newest single, 'Souled Out,' that I've been able to hear, it appears that they are definitely moving beyond High School Musical and ready to take on some of Britain's great pop acts. Here's hoping we continue to hear great things from Same Difference in 2010.

P.S. According to their website, an international release is being planned for Pop! Woohoo! I know I'll be first in line to pick up my copy.

No comments: