Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Wedding Song?



According to a very elaborate dream I had last night, this is the song I chose as my wedding song. And my mother was not exactly pleased with my choice. In the dream, she couldn't convince me to change my mind, so she tried to get my dad involved and tell me what a dumb idea it was. Lord knows I love the song, but I have to agree with my mother on this one (and you don't know how much that hurts); 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)' is not exactly an appropriate wedding song. Besides, I've had mine picked out since high school: 'Stickwitu' by The Pussycat Dolls. Now that's an appropriate wedding song.

2 comments:

Andrew K. said...

I'm trying to picture this working at a wedding, and I just can't. A comedy wedding, perhaps..."Stickwitu"? Hmmm, I approve (but it's still a little cheesy. I thought you were too much of a cynic for that?)

Dame James said...

'Stickwitu' is cheesy and that's precisely why I think it's perfect. It's so ridiculously cheesy and over-the-top how can you NOT pick it as your wedding song? And, even though it's a touching song, it's completely inappropriate in so many ways, from it's odd, gangsta-sounding title to the lyrics about sticking with your man because no one else will come around and love you.