Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Best Album Cover Ever?

A couple of days, I got a hold of the ABBA discography and while I was loading them into my iTunes, this cover appeared for their Super Trouper album. Needless to say, I immediately fell in love with it. If you know anything about the title song, you know it fits in perfectly (My favorite and the most telling lyric: "Facing 20,000 of your friends/How could anyone be so lonely?") with the theme. Plus, it is so divalicious with the obnoxious white spotlight shining directly on the group and drawing all the attention away from the people in the crowd. Très amusante.

Along with this album cover, I think I've discovered ABBA's best non-greatest hits album: Voulez Vous. Not only does it contain three of my top 10 favorite ABBA songs, but it also has such brilliant "fillers" (they're so much more than that) as "The King Has Lost His Crown" and "As Good As New."

God I love ABBA.

No comments: