Friday, November 9, 2007

Posh the Actress! Plus, Updates on the Spice Girls Reunion

Last night, Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham made an appearance on Ugly Betty. I didn't catch it because I'm too far behind on the show, but I'm super excited about catching it later on. Why? Well, I'm one of the five people on the planet who loves Spice World (I know it's technically a horrible movie, but it's a ton of fun) and I think Posh gives the best performance in it. Don't get me wrong, she's no Meryl Streep or anything (hell, she's hardly Jessica Alba), but she had great comedic timing in that film. With such a banal script, it takes someone with a bit of talent to deliver lines like "Hold on to your knickers, girls!", "This dress is dry clean only, Melanie!", "I'm not that desperate, thank you" and "What do you think about manta rays?" Going by this, and the fact that she's such a publicity whore (but an interesting one, unlike Paris Hilton), her cameo should be an interesting one. If anyone did watch last night, let me know what you thought.

Speaking of Spice World, apparently a 10th Anniversary Edition is being released at the end of this month. It seems a bit strange to re-release a film that no one particularly cares for, but I'm guessing they're doing it to coincide with the impending Spice Girls reunion tour. If the DVD comes with a couple of really great extras, I will definitely be picking up a copy.

As for the Spice Girls reunion, here's the brand new single that premiered last week. The song is called "Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)" and is actually pretty good. I don't love it yet, but it's bound to grow on me as I listen to it more and more.



As an added bonus, here's the video for Victoria Beckham's "Let Your Head Go" from a few years back. I was in a Mommie Dearest mood yesterday and while looking on its Wikipedia page, I ran across this link under the Pop Culture References section. The video is amazing and another example of how funny Posh can be.

No comments: