Tuesday, October 23, 2007

British Orgasm


A couple of days ago, on one of my many daily visits to Facebook, I was alerted by one of the members of my "Is Dame Judi Dench Gonna Have to Cut a Bitch?" group about this fundraising project for the Revolving Doors Theater in England called Mug-A-Celebrity. Intrigued, I clicked on the link to the website and, once the pictures loaded, I nearly orgasmed at the sight of all the amazing British people (and Juliette Lewis) involved in this fundraiser. Let's run down the list:
  • Brenda Blethyn I really need to catch up on her filmography but it was love at first sight for me and Blethyn in Secrets & Lies and she was the perfect choice to play Mrs. Bennett in Pride & Prejudice.
  • Stephen Campbell Moore I've already expressed my love for him before, but I never get sick of looking at him.
  • Juliette Lewis So I'm not quite sure why she's doing this (she's not British) but I still love her from her early 90's work.
  • Mark Addy whom I loved on the American sitcom Still Standing (and still watch almost every day on Lifetime).
  • Patrick Stewart whom I know all too well from Star Trek (my parents used to watch it all the time when I was a kid).
And, of course, the one Dame who demands my eternal devotion (otherwise I'll probably get cut by her) and was the main cause for my excitement: Dame Judi Dench. I wish I could buy her autographed mug, but it will probably end up being sold for way more than I can afford. I guess I will just have to go on worshiping from afar.

No comments: