Saturday, October 27, 2007

Random Top 10: Halloween Costumes I Considered This Year

I haven't really done anything for Halloween in roughly 5 years, but this year I've seriously considered dressing up. While none of these costumes struck my fancy, here are the top 10 people I really want to go as:

*Link courtesy of StinkyLulu

10. Bob Fosse Backup Dancer

I'd get to wear tight black pants and shirt, a black hat and get use jazz hands and all the moves in the above picture all night long...how perfect is that?


9. Miss Jay

Miss Jay (of America's Next Top Model fame) confuses the hell out of me--he/she should appear on one of those "Is it a man or a woman?" episodes of Maury--so it would be fun to wear male clothing and then put on makeup and do my hair all funky.

8. TomKat (+ Suri)

I would need a partner to do this one with. Tom would be normal, but Katie would have to be attached to Tom by a chain of some sort. And then Katie would have to hold a baby doll, pretending it was Suri, and then cover it up so no one can see it.

7. Dame Judi Dench as Queen Elizabeth

It has to be Dame Judi's interpretation of the Queen, because she is the most fun and divalicious. The only problem with this costume is that it might be a tad over the top.

6. Britney Spears (either as a mom or at the VMA's this year)

To be Britney the mother, basically I would hold a baby doll with one hand at the weirdest and worst angles (possibly by a foot or something) and sipping a Starbucks drink in the other hand. To be Britney at the VMA's, I need to wear something whorish, put on a really bad blonde wig and then dance around all dazed and confused.

5. Pregnant Nun

I think the above picture says it all.

4. Sgt. Dignam

This is an easy one for me. Shirt and tie, smart ass attitude and say "fuck" every other word. Hell, except for the shirt and tie, this is me everyday.

3. Link Larkin

How cute would I be with the Link curl in my hair and a cute little cardigan sweater?

2. Sheba Hart (Cate Blanchett in Notes on a Scandal)

I just want to have a reason to run around screaming "Here I am" at the top of my lungs, and by going as Sheba Hart (with the running mascara) I would get that opportunity.

1. Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford

I've been thinking about this costume for awhile and I think this will be the winner. I'm going to pull my hair back with a head band, have someone draw on exaggerated eyebrows, carry around a wire hanger and speak loudly with a rising intonation. Now this is a scary costume.

No comments: