Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jean-Pierre Léaud Has a Lesson to Teach



I'm on my way out to see Pineapple Express with my brother in a few minutes, so I thought I would share with you this video I found late last night on Youtube. It's a clip from Jean-Luc Godard's 1967 film La Chinoise and it features Jean-Pierre Léaud and his crazy-ass take on the Vietnam War with different pairs of sunglasses and a woman being attacked by toy airplanes. I've never seen the film (I really want to now) but this scene was so bête et très amusante that I just had to share it with you (and it doesn't hurt that Léaud is there either).

2 comments:

J.D. said...

I was interested in this when it came out on DVD in May, and I'm definitely interested now. I think I should see another Godard before, though (I've only seen Band of Outsiders, of all things).

Dame James said...

J.D., start off with Breathless because they only get nuttier afterwards and that film will help you understand what Godard is trying to achieve.