Friday, July 31, 2009

Twatters

I didn't think so at first, but I'm really starting to enjoy Twitter. Where else can I post a minute by minute bitchy recap to the American Idol finale? But, as with any other social networking site, there are bound to be some idiots around to bug the crap out of me with their stupidity.

Case in point, last night. I had just finished watching In This Our Life, a 1942 John Huston film in which Bette Davis plays a sociopathic southern woman who runs off with her sister's husband and ends up causing grief for everyone around her. It's a typically fantastic performance from Ms. Davis and I was so dumbstruck by her audacity and sheer ballsiness to portray a character so relentlessly evil, I tweeted about it:

Now, honestly, I trust that you are smart enough to realize what I mean by that, right? Well, apparently there was someone out there who really didn't get it and decided to reply back to me:

I have no idea who this person is or why on earth she is following me, but how can you be that dense? No, LALadyfinger, I'm so fucking retarded that I thought In This Our Life was a documentary and that Bette Davis really was a sociopath who treats Olivia de Havilland (among others) like shit.

2 comments:

mB said...

HAHAHA

Nuance... it's such an acquired skill, no?

The Pop Cult said...

Well, with a screen name like that, could we really expect more?