Thursday, September 6, 2007

It's Britney, Bitch


I know I've been relatively quiet on here about the whole Britney meltdown (if you know in me real life, however, hardly a day goes by where I don't mention it in some random conversation) but I figure that she has enough troubles of her own that she doesn't need another annoying blogger ripping on her every single day. Besides, I'm really rooting for her and her enormous comeback. And I think she can do it with her new single "Gimme More." Right now, it's probably more infamous for the opening line "It's Britney, bitch" than anything else, but it's a really good song to just get up and dance to. It's not on the level of Britney masterpieces such as "You Drive Me Crazy (The Stop Remix)" or "Toxic," but it is a great song nonetheless. In case you haven't heard it yet, go over to the latest feature on my blog. Scroll down a smidge and on the left you will see my Box.com jukebox. Here are the other three songs that I am including right now:

~Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse "Valerie": I just downloaded this last night and I can't get it out of my head. I just got my hands on a copy of Winehouse's critically acclaimed CD Back to Black and it is amazing. This song doesn't appear on that CD, but rather on Mark Ronson's Version which, from the songs I have heard, should be amazing.

~Belinda Carlisle "Heaven Is a Place on Earth": I know it says Debbie Gibson, but it really is Belinda Carlisle singing one of the greatest/cheesiest songs of the 80's "Heaven is a Place on Earth." I could listen to it all day.

~Hugh Grant "Pop! Goes My Heart": I thought Music and Lyrics was complete shit, but this song is so damn catchy! Damn them and their great faux-80's tune.

I hope you enjoy these songs and I will try to change them every once in awhile.

No comments: