Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Best Thing About Mad Men Season One So Far...

Seriously, Joan Holloway (played by Christina Hendricks) is the coolest person ever. Not only does she wears those tight dresses that show off her ass immaculately, but she also bosses Peggy around in a sneaky, "I'm not really a bitch" kind of way that is still really bitchy and she's sleeping with the freaking boss! How much better can she get?

I'm slowly working my way through season 1 of Mad Men and I'm loving every minute of it. The show is surprisingly addictive and incredibly well done production wise. The way it is shot often feels more like a movie than any TV show I've ever seen. I also love how, just like Damages, nearly every episode changes our opinion of each character. I've gone from wanting to punch Pete in the face, to liking him when he starts enjoying married life, to feeling bad for him when he has to take a loan from his in-laws for his new apartment and now, 10 episodes in, I'm back to hating him for treating Peggy so poorly. I only have a few more episodes left and then I can start watching the new season!

No comments: