Monday, April 13, 2009

At Least It Wasn't a Disaster

I am, of course, referring to Zac Efron's guest hosting gig on Saturday Night Live this past weekend. Sketch comedy is notoriously difficult to get right and many, many talented actors have failed miserably on SNL. Knowing this, I was immensely worried for Zac as soon as I heard he signed up to do it. Could he handle the pressure? Would he have the comedic timing necessary to make the sketches work? Or would they just fall flat with a couple of nervous laughs throughout? Well, ladies and gentlemen, I'm here to report that Zac did not fail and actually made me chuckle in parts (Whether or not this is because he's actually funny or he's so pretty that anything he says makes me laugh is a question for another time). Granted, he wasn't as great as Jon Hamm, Anne Hathaway or NPH were earlier this year, but Zac was definitely passable. I was going to post the Kathie Lee/Hoda sketch where Zac played Kathie Lee's son Cody but stupid Hulu doesn't have that clip available, so, instead, I'll post the second best sketch of the evening: Troy Bolton returning to East High and addressing the new Senior class about the real world. Enjoy.


1 comment:

Slayton said...

I loved "Bitch please" lady!