Wednesday, February 21, 2007

American Idol Recap



If I had to pick a top man and woman from this season's American Idol so far, I would have to go with Blake Lewis (the only good man) and Miss Melinda Doolittle. They were both spectacular in their own rights and could possibly go really far. But there are other fantastic females there too. Stephanie Edwards did a great version of "How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore" and Sabrina and Jordin were also fantastic. I'm having mixed feelings LaKisha, though. Sure she is a fantastic singer, but I felt it was all wrong for her to tackle "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" so close to the memorable J. Hud version. She sang the hell out of it, but it was lacking in the emotion that J. Hud put into it (see post below). I can't wait to see what she does next week though. Now for the worst performance of the night: Haley Scarnato attempting to belt Celine Dion's power ballad to end all power ballads "It's All Coming Back to Me Now." The song is pretty dark- about dead loves and reigniting feelings- but she sang it as if it was the happiest little ditty she had ever heard. I wanted to vomit it was God-awful (but not as much as when Katharine McPhee completely butchered "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" last season). But, for some strange reason, where rather nice about it and didn't lay into her as much as I would have. Yuck.

1 comment:

~Kathryn Joy~ said...

I disagree about the guys. The bald guy whose wife had the baby while he was auditioning is good too.
But Sundance Head SUCKS and I hope he falls off of the stage!!!