Friday, February 8, 2008

Five Song Friday

It's simple. Every Friday, I pick five songs that I've been loving for the past week. They don't have to be new songs or even singles from the album...the only requirement is that they're amazing.



1. Kylie Minogue "In My Arms"
I got Kylie's latest album X a couple of months ago, but it wasn't until this past week that I really listened to it and fell in love. I don't understand why America's infatuation with Kylie has completely dissipated after "Can't Get You Out of My Head," because she is just as amazing as she was then. "In My Arms" is the best song from X, her catchiest song since the ever-fantastic "Love at First Sight".



2. Britney Spears "Why Should I Be Sad?"
I'm not ready to proclaim "Why Should I Be Sad?" the best song from Blackout, but it's certainly in the Top 3. Britney gets, surprisingly, very personal about her relationship with K. Fed and it's paints a completely different picture than the one given in the press everyday.



3. Lily Allen "Alfie"
Lily Allen is absolutely amazing. Only she could make a song about a brother who spends all day smoking pot and make it as fabulous as she does here.



4. Dschinghis Khan "Mexico"
Everyone's favorite German Disco band and their ode to the land south of the border. I have no idea what they're singing about, but everytime they launch into that stirring "Mexiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiico" chorus I fall in love with the song more and more.



5. Oasis "Wonderwall"
I'm still in my 90's music craze and this song is simply beautiful.

No comments: