Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Shows I'm Looking Forward to This Summer

With all of my shows wrapping up (Desperate Housewives, American Idol, House), I now get to look forward to some new shows and returning favorites this summer. Here's a rundown on the stuff I will be watching this summer:

House of Payne (TBS): I know a lot of people hate Tyler Perry and Madea, but I think that Perry writes really good escapist, silly comedy (his melodrama could stand a lot of improvement) and that Madea is one hilarious woman (that chainsaw scene in Diary of a Mad Black Woman is brilliant and "You gonna call the po-po, ho?" makes me laugh everytime). I saw the commercial for this new show while I was watching the end of Erin Brockovich on TBS and I got really excited because House of Payne is a sitcom made by Tyler Perry and it looks like Madea makes an appearance on there. I'm in.

Hey Paula! (Bravo): Paula Abdul was the first singer I ever fell in love with back in the day and I've held a special place in my heart for her ever since. Imagine my happiness when she came back as a judge on American Idol and was in the spotlight back again. And now she has her own Bravo reality show which should make me love her even more (it worked for Kathy Griffin).

Hell's Kitchen (Fox) and Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (BBC America): Fuck Rachael Ray, Gordon Ramsay is my favorite celebrity chef. Between these two shows, we see two different sides to his personality. On Hell's Kitchen, he is an angry maniac prick who is ultimately likeable. On Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, he helps people transform failing restaurants into big booming businesses and is nowhere near as angry as he is on his American show.

Footballers Wives (BBC America): So the American version won't be on this season, but at least we'll get the next season of this addictive British soap opera. And that means more of my favorite bad girl Tanya Turner-Lazlo (aka "The Merry Widow"). Yes, please.

Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo): The show I wait for every summer is back for its third season. Even if it's missing some major characters (her thief ex-husband and her father who recently passed away) this season still looks rather promising. Jill and I will definitely be discussing this show religiously.

No comments: