Thursday, January 17, 2008

Random Top 10: People I Fell in Love With in 2007

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but a few weeks ago I changed my banner from Dame Judi Dench (in honor of her birth) to the present banner of Adam Brody, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jennifer Hudson and Channing Tatum. I like to think of these four as the ones I "discovered" in 2006 andwith whom I quickly fell in love with. Well, now that 2007 has ended, it's time for a new batch of people to obsess about for a whole year.

10. Mark Ronson, Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen

Moment I Fell in Love:
"Rehab" led me to discover Amy Winehouse, which led me to producer Mark Ronson, which led me to Version, which led me to Ronson's other protege Lily Allen.


9. Ellen Page

Moment I Fell in Love:
"No, it's Morgan Freeman" and "WHOA dream big"...no can spin lines into gold the way she does.


8. Ashley Tisdale

Moment I Fell in Love:
Her request for exit music...a diva dream of mine just came true


7. Casey Affleck

Moment I Fell in Love:
I admit that it's only been 5 days since I saw The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, but, damn, that was one hell of a performance.


6. Paula Deen

Moment I Fell in Love:
The episode where she deep fried butter and a bust of her head made out of butter was given to her.


5. Blake Lewis

Moment I Fell in Love:
During the Top 24 on American Idol, when he sang Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know"


4. Diablo Cody

Moment I Fell in Love:
Months before I saw Juno, I read an article about her in Entertainment Weekly and it was this quote that won me over: "If there's a female protagonist or a romance, they just assume it's up my alley. What, because I have a vagina?"


3. Brittany Snow

Moment I Fell in Love:
When I finally saw John Tucker Must Die over the summer and realized that this woman can make anything work (well, not the film, but her performance)


2. Zac Efron

Moment I Fell in Love:
"And I'm....Link"...I was practically squealing right along with Tracy and Penny.


1. James Marsden

Moment I Fell in Love:
When I first heard him sing "The Nicest Kids in Town" on the Hairspray soundtrack, I knew it was love at first sight. Enchanted only proved that my love for him is never ending.

No comments: