Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A New Series!...The Question is, Will It Stick?

Hey everyone, sorry about my absence over the long weekend. On Saturday I moved into my dorm and I couldn't get my internet working until tonight, which was a fucking nightmare to get fixed. Ugh, sometimes I hate technology. But I'm back and ready to get back to blogging.

Which brings me to this post. I had so much fun skewering this year's nominees for Video of the Year at the MTV VMA's this Sunday that I thought it might be interesting to go back in time and discuss the nominees for every year. It's not exactly a novel concept, but I love music and the music video is just an extension of the movies so it should be tons of fun. I feel it's appropriate to start at the beginning- 1984, to be exact.

The Nominees:
The Cars "You Might Think"
Herbie Hancock "Rockit"
Michael Jackson "Thriller"
Cyndi Lauper "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"
The Police "Every Breath You Take"

The only thing I need is a name for the series. Anyone have any ideas (they have to be better than mine)?

No comments: