Friday, October 31, 2008

A Halloween Treat for You



Hocus Pocus, along with It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, is probably my favorite Halloween movie. I watched it all the time as a kid- even when it wasn't Halloween! I guess I should have known I was gay when my favorite part in the whole movie was the above clip of everyone's favorite drag queen Bette Midler (with background vocals from Kathy Najimy and a young Sarah Jessica Parker) singing this divalicious version of "I Put a Spell on You." It's so dramatic and I love every second of it. I wish I could watch it tonight but I forgot to pick up my DVD copy the last time I was home and I'm not driving six hours round trip just to watch Hocus Pocus, no matter how great it is.

2 comments:

mB said...

OMG. I love this movie. It really should have been a sign of what was to come in terms of the gayness, but Midler's lips put a spell on me and I couldn't resist!

Vance said...

Oh my goodness. I forgot SJP was in this! This puts a whole new perspective on SATC.

I still remember seeing this movie at the cinema!