Over at Tapeworthy, I was tagged by Vance to do this lovely meme. Not missing an opportunity to talk about myself, I decided to fill it out.
Here are the rules: Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
The 7 Facts:
1. When I was in elementary school, I wanted to be a hockey player when I grew up. Never mind the fact that I couldn't skate, had never been on the ice, or wasn't athletic in the least.
2. The first song I ever loved was Paula Abdul's "Straight Up." I used to hear it on the radio on the way to kindergarten all the time and fell in love. My mom borrowed the "Forever Your Girl" cassette from her co-worker's daughter and then made me a copy that I listened to a million times. This is why I'm so supportive of Paula, no matter what crazy shit she does on American Idol.
3. I've never cried during a movie, but I have bawled like a baby while reading A Walk to Remember and Gone With the Wind.
4. If I could live in any other place and time, I would definitely pick 1920's Hollywood. I love the fashion, the carefree attitude of the flappers and the silent era.
5. One time, my friend and I drove for over an hour just to get a Cinnabon. It was delicious by the way.
6. I haven't dressed up for Halloween or have gone trick-or-treating since 7th grade. Even as a young kid, I was uncomfortable wearing a costume (I once got in a huge argument with my mother in elementary school about drawing a mustachio on my face when I went as a devil) and I'm not very creative, anyways. Plus, my family always had candy lying around the house so why would I need to go out and get more candy that I didn't need?
7. When I was really young, I had this strange dream about Charlie Chaplin that freaked me out for years. He didn't do anything in the dream, but something about them bugged the fuck out of me. Years later, after I bought a set of Chaplin shorts, I couldn't watch them late at night because I was still freaked out by that dream.
1. Valley Dreamin'
3. Vera's Big Gay Blog
5. Because I Saw the Film
6. Stale Popcorn
7. My Stuff and Cr*p